Feeling Self-Conscious about Your Smile?
Has your dental provider ever asked you what you do or don’t like about your smile? If so, there were probably several things discussed that would undoubtedly boost your confidence. Cosmetic dentistry no longer carries the stigma that only the rich can benefit, and your dental provider has many options for your consideration.
- Teeth Whitening – Quite often the quickest transformation can happen when teeth are whitened. Over time teeth become dull and lackluster. Professional whitening offers many more benefits than across the counter products. Professional strength along with a trained and knowledgeable technician applying the product is available with in-office whitening. However, for patients wishing to whiten their teeth at their own convenience, your dental provider has take-home products available.
- Porcelain Veneers – For patients dealing with stained teeth from medication, diet or smoking, whitening might fall short of eliminating the problem. Veneers are wafer thin, tooth colored shells that are permanently cemented to the front of each tooth requiring repair. Veneers are also suitable to correct uneven teeth, chipped teeth, gaps in teeth or teeth that have been worn down. Placing porcelain veneers is one of the least invasive cosmetic procedures making this process a very popular choice.
- Tooth Repair – For a tooth that has sustained damage from breakage or excessive dental decay, a dental crown can be placed. This process saves the tooth while providing a protective cover that has been fabricated to match the color and contour of the surrounding teeth.
- Tooth Replacement – Adult tooth loss can be traumatic. Self-confidence can be eroded when your smile contains a gaping hole, not to mention the inability to eat and speak naturally. There are many different options available today for patients needing to replace one tooth, several teeth or an entire arch:
- Dental Implant – A surgically placed titanium device is implanted in gum tissue where tooth loss has occurred. Once healed, the implant is covered with a final restoration that will match the surrounding teeth making tooth loss indiscernible.
- Denture – For the loss of several teeth or an entire arch, a denture can provide a cosmetic boost by restoring the ability to smile, eat and speak.
Your cosmetic dentist has a solution for all your concerns about your smile. A consultation with Dr. Shupe can get you started on the path to a more self-confident and happy smile. Call our Kelowna office at 250-860-6939 to schedule your visit.